Forum Home Forum Home > Rugby Competitions > Super Rugby
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

The Lions next play the Sharks in Durban in the Currie Cup on 5 July 2024, kickoff is at 17:15

Emirates Lions Injury Update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Emirates Lions Injury Update
    Posted: 10-Jun-2019 at 12:57pm
  • Sti Sithole injured his right hamstring in training on Tuesday 4 June. He is expected to be fully recovered by next week.
  • Stephan Lewies injured his left knee during training on 6 June. He had a scan and saw a knee surgeon last week. He will be reassessed next week.
  • Kwagga Smith injured his left hamstring in the match on 7 June. A scan done today (Monday) confirms that it is a grade two injury, so he is unlikely to be available for the rest of Super Rugby.
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2019 at 1:35pm
Ai dis 'n jammer van Kwagga! Hy was besig om homself in die bok span in te speel
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10-Jun-2019 at 2:40pm
Hoop net nie dat dit Kwagga se laaste wedstryd vir ons was nie. Ons het hom regtig nodig volgende jaar
Red_Machine View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2019 at 9:04am
I understand Kwagga is leaving after the WC, but I dont know where.
Transvaal View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Transvaal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2019 at 9:09am
Well that means we won't see him in a Lions jersey again, unless he is going to play Currie Cup
Vaal Leeu 3 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaal Leeu 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2019 at 9:28am
Red Machine, any news on Marx? Also leaving after Worldcup? If you are allowed to share...

Edited by Vaal Leeu 3 - 11-Jun-2019 at 9:29am
Red_Machine View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red_Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2019 at 1:02pm
Well the same place I read about Kwagga mentioned Marx as well, both leaving after the WC... but I cant comment on the credibility of the source, so we'll have to hope that its wrong.
PaBz0r View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaBz0r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11-Jun-2019 at 2:14pm
Originally posted by Red_Machine Red_Machine wrote:

Well the same place I read about Kwagga mentioned Marx as well, both leaving after the WC... but I cant comment on the credibility of the source, so we'll have to hope that its wrong.

Maybe the SARU contracting model will help keep Marx here, but I think he already planned to leave when he renewed his contract last year. 
emiel1 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote emiel1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 12:19am

Thanks for the update RM. If there were two players that I would break the bank to retain for next season, it would be Kwagga and Marx. They are basically were the only reason we have have any (slight) hope of making the playoffs this season. 

Goue Leeu View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goue Leeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 6:11am
Originally posted by emiel1 emiel1 wrote:

Thanks for the update RM. If there were two players that I would break the bank to retain for next season, it would be Kwagga and Marx. They are basically were the only reason we have have any (slight) hope of making the playoffs this season. 

I agree.. offer them more!
Vaal Leeu 3 View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vaal Leeu 3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 7:01am
We all would love to keep them at the Lions but the reality is that we wont. Even if the Union were able to break the bank there is nothing to offer them to counter the opportunity to take your family into a safe, politically free, stable and decent living environment that playing overseas offer. For many guys it is an awesome 3 year opportunity, for others it is permanent. That is the reality for us Saffas...
Goue Leeu View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goue Leeu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 8:53am
Originally posted by Vaal Leeu 3 Vaal Leeu 3 wrote:

We all would love to keep them at the Lions but the reality is that we wont. Even if the Union were able to break the bank there is nothing to offer them to counter the opportunity to take your family into a safe, politically free, stable and decent living environment that playing overseas offer. For many guys it is an awesome 3 year opportunity, for others it is permanent. That is the reality for us Saffas...
I hear you, but not everyone wants to leave South Africa, so the union should at least make a very good counter offer to try and keep such special players.
Leeubok View Drop Down
Koning Leeu
Koning Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Leeubok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Goue Leeu Goue Leeu wrote:

Originally posted by Vaal Leeu 3 Vaal Leeu 3 wrote:

I hear you, but not everyone wants to leave South Africa, so the union should at least make a very good counter offer to try and keep such special players.

Ek onthou toe hy 7's rugby gelos het om op 15 man rugby te konsentreer het hy gese hy wil vir die bokke speel. Aangesien hy nognie 'n bok squad gemaak het nie het hy dalk besef dit gaan nie gebeur nie. Die stormers se reserwe lemoen skillers staan mos voor Leeu spelers in die ry..

So dit maak sin om oorsee te gaan speel
Niela View Drop Down
Ervare Leeu
Ervare Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niela Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 9:39am
I feel for Kwagga, such a machine, but with our sized obsessed springboks, he has little chance.

If Pierre Spies with his size played like Kwagga, he would have been the best player in the world. 
Tiny View Drop Down
Pasgebore Leeu
Pasgebore Leeu

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12-Jun-2019 at 10:14am
Vir my gaan dit oor die size van jou hart.
Speel die spelers wat op form is.
Nie te se net oor jou naam moet jy as bok gekies word nie maar eerder hoe jy op die oomblik die jaar speel.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic